3rd Annual Meeting and Conference in Akita, Japan in 2015
In 2015 September 13-16 the 3rd Annual Meeting and the World Forum Conference took place in Akita University in Japan. About 50 participants came from 14 countries and 18 Member Universites have been represented.
Annual Meeting Program is presented further (also available to donwload)
– September 13 – Executive Committee Meeting.
– September 14 – WFURS General Meeting, Working Groups Meetings
– September 15 – Conference: “Mining and Sustainability: Resource Development for Environmental Protection”
During the General Meeting on September 14th 2015:
- The WFURS Bylaws have been approved
- The following BOARD MEMBERS were ELECTED:
– President until election 2016: Vladimir Litvinenko (Russia)
- The following Executive Committee MEMBERS were newly ELECTED:
– Africa: Jerry Kuma from University of Mines and Technology Tarkwa, Ghana
– Australia/Oceania: Stephen Hall from Curtin University, Australia
– Europe: Pivnyak Gennadiy from National Mining University, Ukraine
– North America: Wayne Pennington from Michigan Technological University, USA
– Latin America/Caribbean: Eduard Müller from University for International Cooperation, Costa Rica.
All current Executive Committee Members are listed in page Executive Committee.
The Conference on September 15th was divided into 3 Sections. The Presenters and their Topics are listed below however the materials are available only for Members to obtain.
SECTION: Challenges in Realization of Sustinable Society
- Technology of extraction of rare metals from low-grade coal and ash by Vladimir Bazhin, National Mineral Resources University, St. Petersburg, Russia
- Governmental strategy for the securement of mineral resources in Japan by Tetsuichi Takagi, Mineral Resources Research Group, AIST, Japan
- The aims and activities of the Faculty of International Resource Sciences of Akita University by Tokiyuki Sato, Akita University, Japan
- Challenges for higher education by Eduard Müller, University for International Cooperation, Costa Rica
SECTION: Mining and Sustainability; resource development for environmental protection
- Ore deposits of the Peruvian Andes by Silvia Rosas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, Peru
- Mining & Sustainability: Resource development for environmental protection by Yasushi Watanabe, Akita University, Japan
- Water Constraint for China coal development by Xu Xiangyang, China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
- Early groundwater data collection for the promotion of sustainable mining by Jerry S.Y. Kuma, University of Mines and Technology, Tarkwa, Ghana
SECTION: Rare Metals and Green Technology
- Research and Education for Earth Resources Engineering and Green Technology at Kyushu University by Koichiro Watanabe, Kyushu University, Japan
- An ammonia leaching-solvent extraction-electrowinningflotation process for copper oxidized ore treatment by Dianwen Liu, Wenbin Zhang, Shuming Wen, Xiaolin Zhang, Jianjun Fang, Kunming University of Science and Technology, China