2nd Annual Meeting and Conference in Leoben, Austria in 2014
In 2014 October the 2nd Annual Meeting and the World Forum Conference, as well as the Executive Committee Meeting took place in Mountain University Leoben in Austria. About 50 participants from about 20 countries came to join the meeting. It was happily announced that: 100th University joined the World Forum of Universities of Resources on Sustainability!
Annual Meeting Program is presented further (also available to dowload).
– October 19 – Executive Committee Meeting.
– October 20 – Conference
– October 21 – General Meeting, Working Group Meetings, Conference cont.
During the General Meeting (Meeting Minutes available)
- There was a discussion and voting for CONSTITUTION.
The annual member fees are due from 2015 on. Details are still to be decided.
- The following BOARD MEMBERS were ELECTED:
– President until election 2015: Prof. Dr. Bernd Meyer (Germany)
– Secretary General until election 2018: Prof. Dr. Carsten Drebenstedt (Germany)
-Treasurer until election 2018: Prof. Akira Imai (Japan)
During the Conference in Leoben following scientific presentations have been made. The presenters and their topics are listed below however the materials are available only for Members to obtain.
- The Mining Potential in Eastern Africa Challenges and opportunities for Collaboration in Mining Education by Hamadi Boga, Taita Taveta University College, Voi, Kenya
- Canadas Oil Sands by Chan Wirasinghe, University of Calgary, Canada.
- Latin America Sustainable Resource Development Academy by Silvia Rosas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, Peru
- Blasting Standards – The Experience in Developing Countries by Newton Amegbey, University of Mines and Technology Tarkwa, Ghana
- Non-Geological Constraints to China Coal-Bed Methane Production by Xu Xiangyang, China University of Mining Technology, Beijing, China
- Evaluating the Quality and Sustainability of Selected EIAs for Coal Mining Projects in the Mpumalanga Province, South Africa by Isaac Rampedi, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- International Cooperation in the Oil and Gas Industry for Sustainable Development by Igor Sergeev, National Mineral Resources University St. Petersburg, Russia
- Strategic Tasks of the State-of-the-art Technogenic Production in Chemical and Metallurgical Industry by Vladimir Bazhin, National Mineral Resources University St. Petersburg, Russia
- Raw Material Flows by Johannes Kapeller, Chair of Industrial Logistics, Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Austria
For more information on Event: http://wfurs.unileoben.ac.at/
(Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria)